SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER
Primary Job Function:
Manage the performance of the supply base through all phases of a product life cycle by developing, implementing and maintaining systems to assure supplier component designs and manufacturing processes meet Company and customer-specific requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Complete accurate quality audits for selection of potential new suppliers according to AIAG/VDA standards and report results to Purchasing & Quality departments.
- Assist the purchasing department in sourcing suppliers for new program launches by conducting thorough release audits according to AIAG/VDA standards and report results to program team and management personnel.
- Lead APQP for responsible high and medium risk single components: lead effective meetings from design reviews, special characteristic identification, gage concepts, FMEA/Control Plan buyoffs, support tracking tool progress, establish PPAP milestones and timing, and assist program Quality Engineer to ensure compliance of customer-specific requirements.
- Develop, track and maintain supplier quality APQP information for all responsible commodity/single components and report status to program & management personnel.
- Ensure suppliers provide required documentation that confirms conformance to engineering requirements during prototype and pre-series build events.
- Assist Logistics planning with defining suitable packaging for high and medium risk single components.
- Properly and punctually maintain all Company systems including SAP and Supplier Portal information.
- Perform incoming inspection buy-offs during prototype and pre-series build events.
- Manage, track and drive closure of deviations for suppliers/single components which do not conform to engineering and/or customer requirements.
- Conduct Level 5 PPAPs for high risk suppliers/parts and Level 3 PPAPs for medium and low risk suppliers during new product launches.
- Assist purchasing department in assuring suppliers can meet required capacities by completing onsite run at rates.
- Lead effective Launch Readiness Reviews for medium and high risk suppliers.
- Manage the interface with suppliers in series phase for responsible commodities (including tier 2, key tier 3 and beyond suppliers) for resolution of non-conformances of material and/or customer specific requirements through issuance, processing, and resolution to them using 8-Discipline approach.
- Drive continuous improvement activities to improve Company scorecard metrics of supplier performance during series program phase.
Other Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Effectively work with corporate teams to satisfy customer and internal requirements.
- Perform problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Escalate all issues to manager which may prohibit adherence to these responsibilities.
- Follow all corporate procedures, processes, work instructions, guidelines, etc.
- Understand, utilize, develop, implement, maintain, and follow all quality system procedures, processes, work instructions, guidelines, forms, etc.
- Participate in quality system audits.
- Understand the processes used by other departments within Company and the customer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use disposable items to their intended life span.
- Minimize expenditures through efficient use of manpower, materials, maintenance, and equipment.
- Have good business sense and be cost conscious.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Business or equivalent technical degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of supplier quality experience in an automotive environment is required.
- Experience working in a Tier 1 environment is preferred.
- The ability to work independently is required.
- The ability communicate with multiple cross functional departments is required.
- Greenbelt and SAP experience is preferred.
- Background in corrective actions (8-D’s, 7 Steps, Drill Deep & Wide, etc.), PPAP, APQP, GD&T, blueprint reading, ISO/TS elements, and SPC is required.
- Quality systems auditing experience is required.
- Must possess and retain a valid driver’s license.
- Experience with Designed Experiments is preferred.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills through well-developed interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are required.
Fast paced Automotive Manufacturing & Engineering Team environment. Travel is required as much as 80% on short notice.
SEND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org