My client is a US-based, mid-sized, growing automotive supplier with a global footprint. They are known for their innovative, engineering focus, and seeing business with long-term vision, goals and plans.
Are you currently employed at one of the suppliers around Detroit that are aggressively operations-centric? The kingdom runs through the GM? Or possibly at one that’s driven by quarterly earnings per share? Finance drives everything and reacts based on that timeline? Overseas management and engineering? New company name?
Are you hungry, truly care about the work you do, like to see results, and are ready to make a difference? Please send me your resume.
My client’s cost group is a very visible, integral part of the company and seeks two cost estimators.
Here is the job description-
Sr. Cost Estimator
Responsible for calculating piece cost, tooling and capital for new and replacement part quotations
- Read parts prints to determine engineering and quality specifications
- Determine preliminary process, blank sizes and strip layout requirements for metal stampings(using Fast Blank software)
- Send request to die shops and special machine sources for quotation
- Send request to Purchasing for steel, purchased parts and finishes
- Calculate packaging cost using information from engineering
- Work with Advanced Engineering for welding/assembly piece cost, capital and tooling
- Evaluate and consolidate all data in the internal cost models
- Calculate burden rates for new work cells
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels
- Submit and review the quotation with the Cost Estimating Supervisor
- Attend quote reviews with management, as needed
- Perform other essential functions, as assigned
- Four year degree in business or a technical field preferred or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of experience preferred with an automotive metals supplier, experience in tool and die is required
- Must have experience estimating metal stampings
- Computer literate, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Fast Blank experience preferred
- Machine Cost calculations
- Engineering mindset
- Take pride in your work and things you do
- Likes to ask questions
- Enjoys being part of a team, but can think independently