this position is currently closed, though we are always looking have talent ready to go if an opening comes available
ACCOUNT MANAGER - Compressed Air
My client, Team Air Center, located in a new headquarters in Madison Heights, Michigan, is a world class Air Compressor and Assembly Tool Sales Services center. You may have heard our company advertisements during Detroit Lions games!
On the compressed air side, Air Center is an exclusive Kaeser distributor serving markets in Michigan and Ohio. Our award-winning air compressor service team is experienced with, and equipped to handle, all makes and models of air compressors. They utilize the latest technology to ensure efficient and high quality service.
We provides comprehensive compressed air system support with leading products and parts, on-call service, complete installation, focused training, and professional consultation for our clients' compressed air requirements. The Air Center Team is committed, focused, and dedicated to helping each customer achieve their compressed air goals. Air Center is Michigan's Kaeser Compressor distributor. Kaeser compressors are Built For A Lifetime.
Air Center’s assembly tooling division is partnered with Stanley Assembly Technologies, APEX Tool Group, Ingersoll Rand, ASG Precision Fastening, and Assembly Automation. Products include dc electric and pneumatic assembly tools, torque tubes, and custom designed productivity solutions. Our A2LA Certified Calibration Lab calibrates, repairs, and services all major tool brands. Markets by the assembly tool division include Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Wisconsin.
Job duties include:
The Account Manager will work within an assigned territory, Macomb County, by calling on established and potential users of compressed air systems.
Management of existing accounts as well as development of new accounts is expected. Candidate should enjoy working outdoors and possess above average mechanical interest in outdoor power equipment.
The candidate will provide assistance with merchandising displays, product demonstrations, product training, and local/regional trade shows and events.
Past work/experience in engineering
College degree and/or previous business/sales experience preferred.
Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Candidate must have a good driving record.
This job requires travel throughout an assigned territory and some work on Saturdays, if you choose. Overnight stays (sometimes multiple) will be required.
1. To maintain and continuously grow a specific geographical area of clients designated to a specific territory.
2. Seeing and/or calling on specific clients on a weekly basis.
3. Continuously adding our products to existing and new client’s inventory.
4. Maintains sales reports to ensure that proper billing, adjustments, returns, and credits are performed according to company policy.
5. Constantly seeking and opening new clients within territory.
6. Communicates with the local manager to determine the proper merchandise to promote based on the demand of our products.
7. Represents the company in a professional manner by maintaining a neat and well-maintained personal appearance.
8. Attends meetings and training sessions on products and services.
9. Supports company and staff by promoting teamwork and good will to meet all customer requests when possible.
10. Must constantly work on building existing relationships with clients to grow current business with them and seek referrals .
11. Must be prepared at all times to give professional presentations of product using handouts and samples.
12. To learn and understand current market pricing.
13. Maintain a percentage of growth month over month and year over year in products sold.
14. Must be goal oriented and self motivated to continuously grow a designated territory in sales and gallons.
1. 2+ years of experience in sales.
2. Proficient in assessing customer needs.
3. Ability to lift and carry products weighing up to 30lbs.